Rotax 250 Motoplat to Bosch ign

Minarelli, Hiro, Rotax, Tau.....

Modérateur : THIERRY

Répondre
NSR
Squadriste Expert

Message par NSR »

The Motoplat on my Kram-It 250 has stopped working. I have a Bosch ignition from a 175.

between the 175 & 250 Ignition, The only thing I can see is the Flywheel weight is more on the 250?

Does the Motoplat flywheel work with the Bosch ignition?
I have tried the Bosch ignition with the Motoplat flywheel, it does not touch and there is spark, I have not tried to start it.

Is it possible to buy a 250 Bosch flywheel.

Sunshine Coast
Australia
vinduro77
Squadriste Gold

Message par vinduro77 »

Hi there

The answer is YES you can swapp the whole ignition, I did it on my 1988 Kramit 250.

As for keeping the Motoplat Flywheel, it will works, may have to recheked the timming and as the magnets are different, the lighting feed may be different Ohmps, so check or simply as I do, everything goes to a 12V regulator anyway!

It started but some cracks in the Motoplat CDI, then for whatever reason, unreliable sparks.

So, I took one of my fully rewinded 250 BOSCH igniton. (must be the complete package from flywheel to the stator) The 175cc flywheel will not work out!

Then as any ROTAX, place the "pick Up" at 11 o'clocks, make sure to Loctite the 2 x M5 screws , made a little aloy braket to accommodate the Bosch CDI as the 2 holes were not fitting as the Motoplat.

It works as normal, no issues

On my other kramit just for trying I have a Power Dynamo (Kennedy) system, a bit more power to feed the lights and horn, but the flywheel been smaller, I know that I lost a bit of torque at low speed.

ciao, Philippe.
Une vie, profitons en!
Philippe.
NSR
Squadriste Expert

Message par NSR »

Thanks Phillippe

I'm going to give it a go with the Motoplat fly wheel.

Cheers

Noel
Sunshine Coast
Australia
THIERRY
Site Admin

Message par THIERRY »

Hello guys, for your information the ROTAX 250 CC LC from the AP TUAREG is fitted (EOM) a MOTOPLAT ignition . ;)
Répondre